Badsey

 

Anglican: St James

 
A limestone church, mainly medieval. The north wall retains Norman features and there is work from several later periods. There was a major restoration in 1885.
The church is open daily from 7.30am to dusk. (Ref. A Church Near You, May 2015.) 

Badsey Ext Nov 2008                    Badsey Int Nov 2008

St James Church in November 2008.

For other recent pictures Please Click Here.      www.flickr.com/tudorbarlow

 References and some further sources:

Aiken, John. Census of Religious Worship, 1851: The Returns for Worcestershire.
Bridges, Tim. Churches of Worcestershire (2005)
Brooks, Alan, and Nikolaus Pevsner. Buildings of England: Worcestershire  (2007)
Morgan, Paul. Inspections of churches and parsonage houses in the Diocese of Worcester in 1674, 1676, 1684, and 1687 (1986)
Noake, John. The Rambler in Worcestershire or, Stray Notes on Churches and Congregations.  Volume III:  (1854)
Ransome, Mary. The State of the Bishopric of Worcester, 1782-1808  (1968)

 n.b. Full details of these books are on bibliography and sources page

 Websites:        British History Online:  Entry for Badsey.
                          Grade II* listed building:  Listing details here.
                          English Heritage list for England: click here
                          A Church Near You
                          Badsey Society Website.
                          Badsey Village Website
                          Family History Website.
                          Parish Website.

Other Churches in this Benefice/Area are BretfortonOffenham and Evesham

                           

Click on red text for a link. (External websites open in a new window.)                                     Page updated May 2015.