Berrow

 

Anglican: St Faith

 
Built from lias. The Norman north wall to the nave and north doorway remain, the south aisle and the tower were added in the 15th century. There was a major restoration in 1856 by J W Hugall of Oxford.

Berrow St Faith Ext Sept 2013          Berrow St Faith Int Sept 2013

                                                                        St Faith's Church.   September 2013

For other recent pictures Please Click Here.      (www.flickr.com/tudorbarlow)

 References and some further sources:

Aiken, John. Census of Religious Worship, 1851: The Returns for Worcestershire.
Bridges, Tim. Churches of Worcestershire (2005)
Brooks, Alan, and Nikolaus Pevsner. Buildings of England: Worcestershire  (2007)
Morgan, Paul. Inspections of churches and parsonage houses in the Diocese of Worcester in 1674, 1676, 1684, and 1687 (1986)
Noake, John. The Rambler in Worcestershire or, Stray Notes on Churches and Congregations.  Volume III:  (1854)
Ransome, Mary. The State of the Bishopric of Worcester, 1782-1808  (1968)

 n.b. Full details of these books are on bibliography and sources page

 Websites:        British History Online:   www.british-history.ac.uk
                          Church Plans Online:  Ground plan for 1856   (Page also includes Berrow, Somerset)
                          Grade II* Listed Building:  Listing details here.
                         
English Heritage list for England: click here
                          A Church Near You
                          Family History Website

Other nearby churches are:   Birtsmorton,  Eldersfield,  Hollybush,  Pendock,  Upton on Severn

Click on red text for a link.  (External websites will open in a new window.)                      Page updated November 2016.