Bransford

 

Anglican: St John the Baptist

 
A simple church, the earliest part is Early English from the 13th century. There are additions from later periods.  Lighting is by candlelight. The church is in a quiet lane away from the main part of the village and is not normally open other than for services.

Bransford Ext May 2009          Bransford Int May 2009

                                                                   St John the Baptist.  May 2009. 

For other recent pictures Please Click Here.   (www.flickr.com/tudorbarlow)

References and some further sources:
Aiken, John. Census of Religious Worship, 1851: The Returns for Worcestershire.
Bridges, Tim. Churches of Worcestershire (2005)
Brooks, Alan, and Nikolaus Pevsner. Buildings of England: Worcestershire  (2007)
Morgan, Paul. Inspections of churches and parsonage houses in the Diocese of Worcester in 1674, 1676, 1684, and 1687 (1986)
Ransome, Mary. The State of the Bishopric of Worcester, 1782-1808  (1968)
Transactions of Worcs Archaeological Society New Series Vol IX (1932)

 

 n.b. Full details of these books are on bibliography and sources page

 Websites:        British History Online:  Entry for Leigh and Bransford
                          Grade II* Listed Building:  Listing details here.
                          English Heritage list for England: Click here.
                          A Church Near You.
                          Local Village Website for Leigh and Bransford.
                          Family History Website.
                          Parish Website:    Worcestershire West Rural Team.

Other churches in this benefice/area are:  Alfrick,  Leigh,  Suckley,  Martley.

The link to Martley will take you to a further 9 churches in this benefice.

 Click on red text for a link.  (External websites open in a new window.)                                   Page updated November 2016.