Bredicot

 

Anglican: St James the Less

 
A very small field church with 13th century sandstone nave and chancel. Restored 1843.
There is one service a month during the summer months only. Key available nearby.

Bredicot Ext Jan 2009          Bredicot Int Jan 2009

                                                                                 St James Church.  January 2009.

For other recent pictures Please Click Here.    (www.flickr.com/tudorbarlow)

References and some further sources:

Aiken, John. Census of Religious Worship, 1851: The Returns for Worcestershire.
Bridges, Tim. Churches of Worcestershire (2005)
Brooks, Alan, and Nikolaus Pevsner. Buildings of England: Worcestershire  (2007)
Morgan, Paul. Inspections of churches and parsonage houses in the Diocese of Worcester in 1674, 1676, 1684, and 1687 (1986)
Noake, John. The Rambler in Worcestershire or, Stray Notes on Churches and Congregations.  Volume II:  (1851)
Ransome, Mary. The State of the Bishopric of Worcester, 1782-1808  (1968)

Click here for an image of the church

n.b. Full details of these books are on bibliography and sources page

 Websites:        British History Online:  Entry for Bredicot.
                          Grade II Listed Building: Listing details here.
                          English Heritage list for England: Click here.
                          
                          A Church Near You.
                          Family History Website.

Other nearby churches are:  Broughton Hackett,  Crowle,  Tibberton,  Droitwich Deanery

 Click on red text for a link.  (External websites open in a new window.)                          Page updated November 2016.