Bredon's Norton

 

Anglican: St Giles

Originally a chapelry to St Giles Bredon. A limestone church of which the earliest parts are Norman. The nave was rebuilt in 1877 and the chancel in 1883, both by Frederick Preedy. The 13th century chancel arch remains as do two Norman doorways reset in the 19th century porch.

Bredons Norton Ext July 2012          Bredons Norton Int July 2012

                                                                          St Giles' Church,    July 2012.

For other recent pictures Please Click Here.  (www.flickr.com/tudorbarlow)


References and some further sources:
Aiken, John. Census of Religious Worship, 1851: The Returns for Worcestershire.
Bridges, Tim. Churches of Worcestershire (2005)
Brooks, Alan, and Nikolaus Pevsner. Buildings of England: Worcestershire  (2007)
Ransome, Mary. The State of the Bishopric of Worcester, 1782-1808  (1968)
Transactions of Worcs Archaeological Society New Series Vol. IX (1932)

 n.b. Full details of these books are on bibliography and sources page.

Websites:        British History Online: The entry for Bredon includes references to Bredon's Norton.
                         Grade II Listed Building: Listing details here.
                         English Heritage list for England: Click here.
                        
                         A Church Near You.
                         Family History Website.
                         Parish Website. (Bredon Group of Parishes)

Other nearby churches are:  Bredon,  Kemerton,  Overbury,  Pershore Deanery.

 Click on red text for a link.  (External websites open in a new window.)                                 Page updated December 2016.