Bushley

 

Anglican: St Peter


A replacement for the original medieval church.  Built in 1843 and subject to further alterations in 1856 when Sir G G Scott added a larger chancel giving the whole an uneven roofline. The church is open daily. (Ref parish information August 2013.)

Bushley          Bushley Ext Aug 2013

                    St Peter's Church,  c1904.                                                       St Peter's Church, August 2013.

For other recent pictures Please Click Here.   (www.flickr.com/tudorbarlow)

References and some further sources:
Aiken, John. Census of Religious Worship, 1851: The Returns for Worcestershire.
Bridges, Tim. Churches of Worcestershire (2005)
Brooks, Alan, and Nikolaus Pevsner. Buildings of England: Worcestershire  (2007)
Morgan, Paul. Inspections of churches and parsonage houses in the Diocese of Worcester in 1674, 1676, 1684, and 1687 (1986)
Noake, John. The Rambler in Worcestershire or, Stray Notes on Churches and Congregations.  Volume III:  (1854)
Ransome, Mary. The State of the Bishopric of Worcester, 1782-1808  (1968)

 n.b. Full details of these books are on bibliography and sources page.

 Websites:        British History Online:   Entry for Bushley.
                          Grade II Listed Building:  Listing details here.
                          English Heritage List for England:   Click here.
                          
                          A Church Near You.
                          Family History Website.

 Nearby churches in Worcestershire are:  Longdon,  Queenhill,  Ripple,  Upton Deanery

Nearby church in Gloucestershire:  Tewkesbury Abbey

 Click on red text for a link.  (External websites will open in a new window.)                        Page updated December 2016.