Countess of Huntingdon's Connexion

 

Worcester Road, opposite Spring Lane

Built in 1837 and rebuilt in 1861-2, this building is no longer in use for worship, having closed in 1903, after a new church was built on the corner of Pickersleigh Road and Worcester Road (Now used by the United Reformed church).

malvern link coh may 2016

Countess of Huntingdon Church May 2016.  (Now a Chinese restaurant)

References and further sources:
Aiken, John. Census of Religious Worship, 1851: The Returns for Worcestershire (2000)
Brooks, Alan, and Nikolaus Pevsner. Buildings of England: Worcestershire  (2007)
Ellis, Rod  Dissenters All! The story of the non-conformist churches of the Malverns, (2008)
Hurle, Pamela, Malvern Churches in their Historical Context (2002)
Kelly, Directory of Worcestershire (1900)
Noake, John. Worcester Sects. London: Longman, (1861)
Smith, Brian, A  History of Malvern Leicester University Press (1964)

Return to Malvern Link main page

Page updated May 2016