Dudley Wood

 

Anglican: St John the Evangelist

Dudley Wood lies about 3 miles south of Dudley town centre. Erected to the designs of Sir Charles Nicholson in 1931, St John the Evangelist replaced a wooden mission church which had been dedicated to St Barnabas. It became a parish church in 1949. Following the closure of nearby St Luke, Cradley Heath, in October 2014, the congregations of the two churches merged to worship at St John's.

 dudley wood ext feb 2016

        St John the Evangelist, February 2016.

References and other sources:
Bridges, Tim.  Churches of the Black Country, Logaston Press, 2008

Websites:          A Church Near You.
                           Family History Website.
                           Parish Website

 

Methodist: Dudley Wood Methodist Church.

 

This modern building replaced an earlier church on this site which was demolished in 2006.

dudley wood meth feb 2016

  Dudley Wood Methodist Church, February 2016.

Website:          Vale of Stour Methodist Circuit.

Nearby churches are:  Dudley,  Quarry Bank,  Dudley Deanery

 

Please click on red text for a link. External websites will open in a new window.                 Page updated October 2017.