Elmbridge

 

Anglican: St Mary the Virgin


This small sandstone church was rebuilt in 1873 but retains a 12th century south doorway and Norman pillars and capitals in the north arcade.

Elmbridge Ext June 2005

St Mary the Virgin, June 2005.

For other recent (2005) pictures Please Click Here.  (All images copyright www.parishmouse.co.uk)

References and some further sources:
Aitken, John. Census of Religious Worship, 1851: The Returns for Worcestershire.
Bridges, Tim. Churches of Worcestershire (2005)
Brooks, Alan, and Nikolaus Pevsner. Buildings of England: Worcestershire  (2007)
Morgan, Paul. Inspections of churches and parsonage houses in the Diocese of Worcester in 1674, 1676, 1684, and 1687 (1986)
Stanton, George K., Rambles and researches among Worcestershire Churches; with historical notes relating to several parishes. Volume II (1886), p75
Ransome, Mary. The State of the Bishopric of Worcester, 1782-1808  (1968)
Transactions of Worcestershire Archaeological Society,  New Series Vol. X (1933)

 n.b. Full details of these books are on bibliography page.

 Websites:        British History Online: A brief entry from 1848 which predates the existing church.
                          Grade II* Listed Building:  Listing Details Here.
                          English Heritage List for England: Please Click Here.
                          A Church Near You.
                          Family History Website.

Nearby churches are:  Hampton Lovett,  Upton Warren,  Wychbold,  Droitwich Deanery,

 Click on red text for a link.  External website links open in a new window.                              Page updated January 2017.