Grimley

 

Anglican: St Bartholomew


A red sandstone church with the nave and chancel dating from Norman times. Much restored, on three separate occasions, in the 19th century. The tower was built in 1845 to replace a wooden structure.
Grimley          Grimley Ext May 2009

St Bartholomew's Church from postcard, c1950.                                    St Bartholomew's Church, May 2009.

For other recent (2009) pictures Please Click Here.   (www.flickr.com/tudorbarlow)

References and some further sources:
Aitken, John. Census of Religious Worship, 1851: The Returns for Worcestershire.
Bridges, Tim. Churches of Worcestershire (2005)
Brooks, Alan, and Nikolaus Pevsner. Buildings of England: Worcestershire  (2007)
Morgan, Paul. Inspections of churches and parsonage houses in the Diocese of Worcester in 1674, 1676, 1684, and 1687 (1986)
Ransome, Mary. The State of the Bishopric of Worcester, 1782-1808  (1968)
Transactions of Worcestershire Archaeological Society: New Series Vol VII (1930)

n.b. Full details of these books are on the bibliography page.

Websites:        British History Online: Entry for Grimley.
                         Grade II* Listed Building:  Listing Details Here.
                         English Heritage List for England: Please Click Here.
                         Parish Website.  (Holt and Grimley)
                         A Church Near You.
                         Family History Website.

Other churches in this area are  Hallow Holt,  Worcester St Clement,  Martley and Worcester West Deanery                       

Click on red text for a link.  External website links will open in a new window.                   Updated January 2017.