Hinton on the Green

 

Anglican: St Peter


 Norman nave with 13th century west tower, both restored by Frederick Preedy in 1862. The chancel was added in 1894 to designs by J D Sedding. 

Hinton Ext Aug 2010          Hinton Int Aug 2010

                                                           St Peter's Church,   August 2010.

For other recent (2010) pictures Please Click Here.   (www.flickr.com/tudorbarlow)

References and further sources:
Aiken, John. Census of Religious Worship, 1851: The Returns for Worcestershire
Bridges, Tim. Churches of Worcestershire (2005)
Brooks, Alan, and Nikolaus Pevsner. Buildings of England: Worcestershire  (2007)
Ransome, Mary. The State of the Bishopric of Worcester, 1782-1808  (1968)
Worcestershire Archive and Archaeology Service, The Hive Worcester, Parish Papers: Hinton on the Green, Ref 850

n.b Full details of these books are on the Bibliography Page.

Websites:          British History Online:  Entry for Hinton on the Green.
                           Grade II* Listed Building:  Listing Details Here.
                           English Heritage List for England:  Please Click Here.
                           Church Plans Online: Ground plan of 1862 by Frederick Preedy.
                           Parish Website.  (Joint benefice with St Andrew's. Hampton, Evesham)
                           A Church Near You.
                           Family History Website.

                           

Other Parish Churches in this area:  Bengeworth,  Evesham,  Hampton,  Sedgeberrow,  Evesham Deanery

Please click on red text for a link.  External websites will open in a new window.                  Page updated February 2017.