Lindridge

 

Anglican: St Lawrence


The existing church was built in 1861 to replace an earlier church on the same hillside site, the architect was Thomas Nicholson of Hereford. Situated, with the village school, alongside the A443 Worcester to Tenbury road, the main centre of the parish is Eardiston a mile to the east. A typical 19th century church, St Lawrence is usually open during daylight hours. (Ref Parish Website, May 2014.)
Lindridge          Lindridge Ext July 2013

St Lawrence from old undated postcard.                                                    St Lawrence, July 2013.

For other recent (2013) pictures Please Click Here.   (www.flickr.com/tudorbarlow)

References and some further sources:
Aiken, John. Census of Religious Worship, 1851: The Returns for Worcestershire.
Bridges, Tim. Churches of Worcestershire (2005)
Brooks, Alan, and Nikolaus Pevsner. Buildings of England: Worcestershire  (2007)
Noake, John. The Rambler in Worcestershire or, Stray Notes on Churches and Congregations.  Volume III (1854)
Ransome, Mary. The State of the Bishopric of Worcester, 1782-1808  (1968)
Worcestershire Archive and Archaeology Service, The Hive Worcester, Parish Papers: Lindridge St Lawrence, Ref.850

n.b. Full details of these books are on the Bibliography Page. 

Websites:          British History Online:  Entry for LIndridge.
                           Grade II Listed Building:  Listing Details Here.
                           English Heritage List for England:  Please Click Here.
                           Parish Website.  (Teme Valley North)  Very informative.
                           A Church Near You.
                           Family History Website.

Please click on red text for a link.  External websites will open in a new window.                      Page updated May 2014.