Little Washbourne (Gloucestershire)

 

Anglican: St Mary

An isolated Norman church, the interior is virtually unchanged since the 18th century. St Mary's closed for public worship in the 1970's and is now under the care of the Churches Conservation Trust.

The civil parish of Little Washbourne was transferred from Worcestershire to Gloucestershire in 1844. The ecclesiastical parish remained in the Diocese of Worcester.

little washbourne ext aug 2015          little washbourne int aug 2015

                                                                St Mary's Church, August 2015.

For more pictures from 2015:  Please Click Here.                                                (www.flickr.com/tudorbarlow)

References and Other Sources:
Nikolaus Pevsner (Ed) and David Verey: The Buildings of England, Gloucestershire, 1970.

Websites:          British History Online:  Entry for Overbury  includes Little Washbourne.
                           Grade II* Listed Building:  Listing details here. (Listed under Dumbleton)
                           Historic England Listing:  Please Click Here.
                           Gloucestershire Places of Worship website.
                           Churches Conservation Trust.  Entry for Little Washbourne.
                           Family History Website.

Please click on red text for a link. External websites will open in a new window.                   Page updated March 2016.