Lulsley

 

Anglican: St Giles


Built of red sandstone in 1892 to replace a medieval church on the same site. The architect was Henry Rowe. Closed for worship in 1972 and now a private house. Many of the fittings are now in the Lulsley Chapel at nearby Alfrick church.


Lulsley BMSGH
Picture courtesy of BMSGH. See Family History Website link below.

References and some further sources:
Aiken, John. Census of Religious Worship, 1851: The Returns for Worcestershire.
Bridges, Tim. Churches of Worcestershire (2005)
Brooks, Alan, and Nikolaus Pevsner. Buildings of England: Worcestershire  (2007)
Ransome, Mary. The State of the Bishopric of Worcester, 1782-1808  (1968)
Transactions of Worcestershire Archaeological Society, New Series Vol. VII (1930)

n.b. Full details of these books are on the Bibliography Page.
 

Websites:          British History Online:  Entry for Lulsley (with Suckley and Alfrick)
                           Family History Website.

Please click on red text for a link.  External websites will open in a new window.                     Page updated May 2014.