Naunton Beauchamp

 

Anglican: St Bartholomew

A 15th century tower.  Nave and chancel rebuilt in 1767 and again in 1897 when the chancel was shortened in renovations by W J Hopkins.
The church is usually open only for services. See Parish Website for contact details. 

 Naunton Beauchamp Ext Sept 2014          Naunton Beauchamp Int Sept 2014

                                                       St Bartholomew's Church, September 2014

For more 2014 pictures Please Click Here.             (www.flickr.com/tudorbarlow)

References and some further sources:
Aiken, John. Census of Religious Worship, 1851: The Returns for Worcestershire.
Bridges, Tim. Churches of Worcestershire (2005)
Brooks, Alan, and Nikolaus Pevsner. Buildings of England: Worcestershire  (2007)
Morgan, Paul. Inspections of churches and parsonage houses in the Diocese of Worcester in 1674, 1676, 1684, and 1687 (1986)
Noake, John. The Rambler in Worcestershire or, Stray Notes on Churches and Congregations. Volume III (1854)
Ransome, Mary. The State of the Bishopric of Worcester, 1782-1808  (1968)

 n.b. Full details of these books are on the bibliography and sources page.

Websites:        British History Online:  Entry for Naunton Beauchamp.
                         Grade II* Listed Building:  Listing Details Here.
                         English Heritage list for England: Please Click Here.
                         Parish Website: The Flyfords Family.
                         A Church Near You.
                         Family History Website.

Click on red text for a link.  External websites will open in a new window.                                   Page updated October 2014.