North Piddle

 

Anglican: St Michael

 
Built in 1875/76 by Henry Rowe of Worcester. In the 14th century Decorated style to replace a medieval church.

N Piddle Ext Sept 2014          N Piddle Int Sept 2014

                                                                     St Michael's Church, September 2014.

For other 2014 pictures: Please Click Here.     (www.flickr.com/tudorbarlow)

References and some further sources:
Aiken, John. Census of Religious Worship, 1851: The Returns for Worcestershire.
Bridges, Tim. Churches of Worcestershire (2005)
Brooks, Alan, and Nikolaus Pevsner. Buildings of England: Worcestershire  (2007)
Morgan, Paul. Inspections of churches and parsonage houses in the Diocese of Worcester in 1674, 1676, 1684, and 1687 (1986)
Noake, John. The Rambler in Worcestershire or, Stray Notes on Churches and Congregations. Volume III (1854)
Ransome, Mary. The State of the Bishopric of Worcester, 1782-1808  (1968)
Transactions of Worcestershire Archaeological Society, New Series Vol XI (1934)

n.b. Full details of these books are on the bibliography and sources page.

Websites:        British History Online:   Entry for North Piddle
                        The church is not a listed building.
                         Church Plans Online: Ground plans of 1875.
                         Parish Website:  (Flyfords Family Benefice)
                         A Church Near You.
                         Family History Website.

Click on red text for a link. External websites will open in a new window.                                     Page updated November 2014.