Norton (Evesham)

 

Anglican: St Egwin


Four miles north of Evesham. Little remains of the church consecrated (or re-dedicated) in 1295. The north transept and the tower are 14th/15th century. There was extensive rebuilding in 1844 and further work was done in 1906.

        St Egwin from a line drawing of c1845.

Norton Ext Sept 2007          Norton Int July 2008

                                                              St Egwin's Church, July 2008.

For more pictures from 2008: Please Click Here.     (www.flickr.com/tudorbarlow)

References and some further sources:

Aiken, John. Census of Religious Worship, 1851: The Returns for Worcestershire.
Bridges, Tim. Churches of Worcestershire (2005)
Brooks, Alan, and Nikolaus Pevsner. Buildings of England: Worcestershire  (2007)
Noake, John. The Rambler in Worcestershire or, Stray Notes on Churches and Congregations. Volume II (1851)
Ransome, Mary. The State of the Bishopric of Worcester, 1782-1808  (1968)

n.b. Full details of these books are on the bibiography and sources page.

Websites:        
                         Grade II* Listed Building: Listing Details Here.
                         English Heritage List for England: Please Click Here.
                         Parish Website:  Parish of Evesham All Saints.
                         A Church Near You.
                         Family History Website.

Neraby churches in this benefice/area:  Evesham,  Harvington.

Click on red text for a link.  External websites will open in a new window.                                    Page updated November 2014.