Oldberrow (Warwickshire)

 

Anglican: St Mary


The simple, small building was rebuilt in 1875 on the site of a medieval church.  Many historic features have been reset, including a magnificent ancient font.

Oldberrow was transferred to Warwickshire in 1896 and the parish transferred to the Diocese of Coventry in 1918. It is included on this website for historical purposes. St Mary's is usually open during daylight hours.

oldberrow ext feb 2008          oldberrow int feb 2008

                                                                   St Mary's Church, February 2008.

For other pictures from 2008:  Please Click Here.              (www.flickr.com/tudorbarlow)

Warwickshire Churches Website.

References and some further sources:

Aiken, John. Census of Religious Worship, 1851: The Returns for Worcestershire.
Morgan, Paul. Inspections of churches and parsonage houses in the Diocese of Worcester in 1674, 1676, 1684, and 1687 (1986)
Noake, John. The Rambler in Worcestershire or, Stray Notes on Churches and Congregations. Volume III (1854)
Ransome, Mary. The State of the Bishopric of Worcester, 1782-1808  (1968)

n.b. Full details of these books are on the bibliography and sources pages.

Websites:        British History Online:  Entry for Oldberrow.
                         Family History Website.
                         A Church Near You.

Click on red text for a link.  External websites will open in a new window.                                 Page updated November 2014.