Oldbury (Birmingham)

 

Anglican: Christchurch

The parish church was opened in 1841, replacing the dilapitated chapel of St Nicholas.

References and some further sources:
Aiken, John. Census of Religious Worship, 1851: The Returns for Worcestershire. (2000)
Bridges, Tim. Churches of the Black Country (2008)
Morgan, Paul. Inspections of churches and parsonage houses in the Diocese of Worcester in 1674, 1676, 1684, and 1687 (1986)

n.b. Full details of these books are on bibliography and sources page

Websites:    British History Online:   www.british-history.ac.uk
                     Listed buildings:  www.britishlistedbuildings.co.uk
                     English Heritage list for England: click here
                  

Click on red text for a link.  To view pictures full size, right click and choose 'view image' (this may not be permitted on a public computer).

Non Conformist Churches:


For a website with a useful timeline please click here

Methodist New Connexion

The New Connexion Methodist Chapel in Tabernacle Street opened c.1838

References and some further sources:
Williams, Ned,  More Black Country Chapels,  Sutton (2006)