Pendock Cross

 

Anglican: Church of The Redeemer

 
A former mission church built in 1889 to the designs of W J Hopkins.  Built entirely of timber, it replaced Pendock Old Church after the centre of population had moved. See also the entry for Pendock Old Church.

pendock cross ext sept 2013          pendock cross int sept 2013

                                                            The Redeemer, September 2013.

For more pictures from 2013:  Please Click Here.                        (www.flickr.com/tudorbarlow)

References and some further sources:
Bridges, Tim. Churches of Worcestershire (2005)
Brooks, Alan, and Nikolaus Pevsner. Buildings of England: Worcestershire  (2007)
Transactions of Worcestershire Archaeological Society
Worcestershire Archive and Archaeology Service, The Hive Worcester, Parish Papers:

n.b. Full details of these books are on the bibliography and sources page.

 Websites:        British History Online:   Entry for Pendock.
                         Wikipedia Entry for Pendock.
                         A Church Near You.
                         Family History Website.

Click on red text for a link.  External websites will open in a new window.                                 Page updated November 2014.