Quinton (Birmingham)

 

Anglican: Christ Church


Situated on the A456, Hagley Road, Christ Church was built in 1840 and restored in 1890. The west end was extended with a narthex in 1928. There is an excellent collection of 19th and 20th century stained glass.
Quinton transferred from Worcestershire to the City of Birmingham in 1909. Christ Church transferred to the new Diocese of Birmingham in 1905. It is included here for historical purposes. 

Christchurch_Quinton

    Christ Church interior from undated postcard.

Quinton ext feb 2015          quinton int feb 2015

                                                        Christ Church, Quinton,  February 2015.

For more information and photographs of the church: Please Click Here.                          (History of Birmingham Churches)

References and some further sources:
Aiken, John. Census of Religious Worship, 1851: The Returns for Worcestershire. (2000)
Pevsner, N and Wedgewood A, The Buildings of England: Warwickshire (1990 reprint)
Ransome, Mary. The State of the Bishopric of Worcester, 1782-1808  (1968)

n.b. Full details of these books are on the bibliography and sources page.

Websites:        A Church Near You.
                         Parish Website.
                         Family History Website.


Click on red text for a link.  External websites will open in a new window.                                 Page updated February 2015.