Rubery

 

Anglican: St Chad


Located on New Road in the centre of Rubery, a few yards inside the county boundary. Built in 1957/59 to replace a wooden church of 1895. The architect was Richard Twentyman of Lavender, Twentyman and Percy.  (Diocese of Birmingham)

rubery ext aug 2014          rubery int aug 2014

                                                          St Chad's Church, August 2014.

For more pictures from 2014:  Please Click Here.                  (www.flickr.com/tudorbarlow)

References:
Bridges, Tim:    Churches of Worcestershire,  2005.
Brooks, Alan and Nikolaus Pevsner:  The Buildings of England,  Worcestershire,  2007.

Full details of these books are on the Bibliography Page. 

Websites:          A Church Near You.
                           Family History Website.
                           Churches Together in B45.

United Reformed Church: Beacon Church Centre.

 

Whetty Lane. Built as a Congregational Chapel in 1928/28 to replace the earlier chapel on Bristol Road. The architect was J R Armstrong of Bournville Village Trust.

          rubery cong

                   Rubery Congregational Church, c1900.  (Pictures Courtesy of Beacon Church Centre)

beacon urc aug 2014          beacon urc int aug 2014

                                                     Beacon Church Centre, August 2014.

For more pictures from 2014:  Please Click Here.                          (www.flickr.com/tudorbarlow)

Reference:  Brooks, Alan and Nikolaus Pevsner:  The Buildings of England,  Worcestershire,  2007.

Beacon Church Website.
Churches Together in B45.

Click on red text for a link.  External websites will open in a new page.                                    Page updated January 2015.