Upton Snodsbury

 

Anglican: St Kenelm


St Kenelm's has a 13th century nave, 14th century chancel and 15th century tower. The south aisle was probably added in the 16th century. W J Hopkins restored the building in 1873/74 and the external white lime render was added in 2001.

                                            Images of St Kenelm's Church from undated postcards.

upton snodsbury ext sept 2009          upton snodsbury int sept 2009

                                                              St Kenelm's Church,  September 2009.

For more pictures from 2009:  Please Click Here.                                                 (www.flickr.com/tudorbarlow)


References and some further sources:
Aiken, John. Census of Religious Worship, 1851: The Returns for Worcestershire.
Bridges, Tim. Churches of Worcestershire (2005)
Brooks, Alan, and Nikolaus Pevsner. Buildings of England: Worcestershire  (2007)
Morgan, Paul. Inspections of churches and parsonage houses in the Diocese of Worcester in 1674, 1676, 1684, and 1687 (1986)
Noake, John. The Rambler in Worcestershire or, Stray Notes on Churches and Congregations.  
             Volume III (1854)
Ransome, Mary. The State of the Bishopric of Worcester, 1782-1808  (1968)
Worcestershire Archive and Archaeology Service, The Hive Worcester, Parish Papers:

n.b. Full details of these books are on the bibliography and sources page.

Websites:    British History Online:  Entry for Upton Snodsbury.
                     Grade II* Listed Building:  www.britishlistedbuildings.co.uk
                     English Heritage List for England: Please Click Here.
                     Upton Snodsbury Village Website.
                     A Church Near You.
                     Family History Website.


Click on red text for a link.  External websites will open in a new window.                                   Page updated March 2015.