Worcester, St Mark in the Cherry Orchard

 


Worcester, St Mark in the Cherry Orchard

Located on the Bath Road leading south from the city centre. Built in 1902/3 by E G Jones as a mission church to the now demolished St Peter the Great. A simple building with a wide nave and apsed chancel, the fittings are mainly contemporary, the 17th century communion table is from St Peter's.


worcester st marks ext march 2010          worcester st marks int march 2016

                                                              St Mark's Church, March 2016

For more pictures: Please Click Here                                                       (www.flickr.com/tudorbarlow)

References:  
Bridges, Tim.  Churches of Worcestershire, 2005
Brooks, Alan and Nikolaus Pevsner.  Buildings of England, Worcestershire, 2007

Full details of these books can be found on the bibliography page. 

Websites:          A Church Near You         
                           Family History Website
                           Parish Website not available (October 2016)

Please click on red text for a link. External websites will open in a new window.                   Page updated October 2016