Yardley (Birmingham)

 

Anglican: St Edburgha

Dating back to the 13th century, the nave, north aisle, and Becket Chapel date to the 14th and 15th centuries. The church tower and spire date to 1461, though the central section of the spire dates to 1898.

For more about the history of the church click here

References and some further sources:
Aiken, John. Census of Religious Worship, 1851: The Returns for Worcestershire.
Morgan, Paul. Inspections of churches and parsonage houses in the Diocese of Worcester in 1674, 1676, 1684, and 1687 (1986)
Noake, John. The Rambler in Worcestershire or, Stray Notes on Churches and Congregations.  Volume III (1854)
Ransome, Mary. The State of the Bishopric of Worcester, 1782-1808  (1968)

n.b. Full details of these books are on bibliography and sources page

Websites:    British History Online:   www.british-history.ac.uk
                     Listed buildings:  www.britishlistedbuildings.co.uk
                     English Heritage list for England: click here
              
Click on red text for a link.  To view pictures full size, right click and choose 'view image' (this may not be permitted on a public computer).