Crossway Green


Anglican:  St Mary

Correctly known as Bishop’s Wood.  The church was built as a mission by Bishop Henry Philpott in 1882 and subsequently used as a cemetery chapel. It was restored and rededicated in 1987.
Crossway_Green          Crossway Green Ext Jan 2012

St Mary’s from old undated postcard.                                                              St Mary’s, January 2012.

For other recent (2005) pictures Please Click Here.   Pictures from Flickr. (Copyright

References and some further sources:
Bridges, Tim. Churches of Worcestershire (2005)
Brooks, Alan, and Nikolaus Pevsner. Buildings of England: Worcestershire  (2007)

n.b. Full details of these books are on bibliography page.

 Websites:        British History Online: Entry for Hartlebury has a reference to St Mary’s Church.
                          A Church Near You.
                          Family History Website.  (Hartlebury)

Nearby church:  Droitwich,   Hartlebury,  Droitwich Deanery


 Click on red text for a link.  (External website links will open in a new window.)               Page updated  May 2022