Anglican: St Michael

The nave is Norman with a 12th century south doorway. The whole was restored in 1875 by Henry Woodyer.
Bricklehampton is the longest place name in England without a letter repeated! 


Bricklehampton Bricklehampton Ext June 2014 Bricklehampton Int June 2014  
St Michael’s, undated postcard.                                                               St Michael’s, June 2014.  

For other recent pictures Please Click Here.   (
And also Here.     (

References and some further sources:
Aiken, John. Census of Religious Worship, 1851: The Returns for Worcestershire.
Bridges, Tim. Churches of Worcestershire (2005)
Brooks, Alan, and Nikolaus Pevsner. Buildings of England: Worcestershire  (2007)
Morgan, Paul. Inspections of churches and parsonage houses in the Diocese of Worcester in 1674, 1676, 1684, and 1687 (1986)
Noake, John. The Rambler in Worcestershire or, Stray Notes on Churches and Congregations.  Volume III: (1854)
Ransome, Mary. The State of the Bishopric of Worcester, 1782-1808  (1968)
Transactions of Worcs Archaeological Society New Series Vol IX (1932)

n.b. Full details of these books are on bibliography and sources page.

Websites:        British History Online: Entry for Pershore (St Andrew) includes references to Bricklehampton.
                          Grade II Listed Building:  Listing details here.
                          Historic England list for England: Click here.
                          A Church Near You.
                          Family History Website.

For other local churches please see under:  Elmley Castle,  Great Comberton,  Little Comberton,  Pershore Deanery.

 Click on red text for a link.  (External websites open in a new window.)                                    Page updated May 2022