Anglican: SS Mary and Milburgh

Only the 15th century tower remains of the medieval church. The rest was rebuilt in 1861/62 by Frederick Preedy who was born in the village. All the interior is Preedy’s work and he also designed and made all the stained glass. The church is usually open during daylight hours. (Ref A Church Near You, May 2015.)

    Offenham Church, c1906.

offenham ext mar 2016          offenham int mar 2016

                                                            St Mary and St Milburgh, March 2016.

For other pictures from 2007and 2016: Please Click Here.        (

References and some further sources:
Aiken, John. Census of Religious Worship, 1851: The Returns for Worcestershire.
Bridges, Tim. Churches of Worcestershire (2005)
Brooks, Alan, and Nikolaus Pevsner. Buildings of England: Worcestershire  (2007)
Morgan, Paul. Inspections of churches and parsonage houses in the Diocese of Worcester in 1674, 1676, 1684, and 1687 (1986)
Noake, John. The Rambler in Worcestershire or, Stray Notes on Churches and Congregations. Volume III (1854)
Ransome, Mary. The State of the Bishopric of Worcester, 1782-1808  (1968)

n.b. Full details of these books are on the bibliography and sources pages.

                         Grade II* Listed Building:  Listing Details Here.
                         Historic England listing: Please Click Here.
                         Church Plans Online: Ground plan of 1860-62.
                         Parish Website.   (Badsey Joint Benefice)
                         A Church Near You.
                         Family History Website.

For more pictures of Preedy’s architectural work across England: Please Click Here.
For more pictures of Preedy’s stained glass designs across England: Please Click Here. 

Other churches in this Benefice/Area are BadseyBretforton,  Cleeve Prior,  Middle Littleton,  South Littleton  and Evesham.

Click on red text for a link.  External websites will open in a new window.                                 Page updated May 2022